Busted out on day two at the 800/1600 level. Chipped up pretty well in the first couple of levels to 65k from my 35k starting stack, mostly without showdown. Got one really nice VB through on Juha Helpii which I was pretty happy with. Folded to him in the SB and he completes, I check my BB with A6o. Pot is around 1400. Flop is AJ4 with two clubs. He checks, I think and fire 1100. He calls after a bit of thought. Turn is a K. He checks, I check back. River is the 7 of clubs completing the flush. He checks again, and I think for a bit and make it 3200. He calls after a bit of thought again. I show and he mucks. Really happy with how that hand played out. Really like my betsizing and line in it.
I have like 67k when 600/1200 level is halfway through, and I'm at a new table with Jimmy McSweeney, Roy Brindley, Graham Masters, Andrew Pantling, and another good Canadian kid. The three seats to my left are Pantling, then McSweeney, then Brindley, so I'm in a horrible horrible spot! I end up folding for like an hour and a half straight due to being card dead and not having any good spots to do anything. I'll give a bit of history about my exit hand before I post it. Villain is French. He's taken about 5 minutes to call a shove previously with bottom set on a 7TJ board, then another 5 minutes to call a shove with K7 on a KT7 board against Jimmy McSweeney when McSweeney was clearly tilting a bit. He's also limpraised UTG with AA. So obv he looks quite bad and a bit reluctant to get his chips in the middle. Finally, at 800/1600, I make it 4200 to go with 9dTd. Villain is the only caller from the SB. I have 60k and he covers by like 2 or 3 thousand. Flop is 8h6d4h. He checks, I bet 6700 into 10800, and he calls after a bit of thought. Turn is the K of hearts. He checks, I fire 13000, and villain calls after a bit of thought again. River is the Qs. He checks, I ship 29k in. He sits there for about 5 minutes, I call the clock, and he calls with about 15 seconds left with AQ with the Ace of hearts. Sigh. I actually really like how I played the hand, but thats life. His river call is pretty standard I imagine, but I think his flop and turn combo is horrific. Oh well.
Ran pretty good in the cash games. Monday, myself and the two other Swedish guys from Cardoza were playing at the same game pretty deep, and we busted pretty much everybody. It was a fun few hours! Really good fun weekend, and it was pretty cool to put a few faces to names as well. I'll definitely be looking to play a few more festivals cos they're huge craic, and they are ridiculously soft. I thought the standard was pretty poor in pretty much every game I played, and from what I hear the higher levels were soft too. Standard of play in the tourney was pretty poor too. I'm gonna ship one of these sometime soon!
Anyways, I better get back to potting, so gl.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment