Was due to play the father and son qualifying in The Castle on Sunday (golf, I suck!), but got a call Saturday evening to say we couldn't, so headed in to play the Voodoo main event on Saturday. 250 game, 15k stack, 40 min clock, all the levels. Really soft too.
Had a ridiculous table to start with, it was just so bad. Got the stack up to 45k by the second break, which was a huge stack. Proceeded to run awfully then, and the table got progressively worse, with Mick Stevens, Iain Cheyne, Ronan Gallagher, and JTSpades from IPB all getting moved to my right. I got to cold 4b a5s in a good spot, but got snap jammed on. Sigh. Then proceeded to run really bad for an age. Had to make one big fold vs a weird line, and then lost 99 vs K8, AK vs AA for 20bb, and managed to river a split with my KK vs KQs after the KQ turns a straight. I'm on about 17k then, but shove it back up to 33k when I bust with about 20 mins left in the day when I raise AJ from EP, BB calls, flop is A22, he checks, I check back (I think he's got some airball here too much for me to bet, and I think I'll only get 2 streets mostly anyways from most aces.) Turn is a T, he leads for 5k into 5800. I call. River is a J, he bets 15k, I put my 26k in the middle and he has Q2o. WP sir. You got me.
Haven't been playing much lately, just been messing around the place. Trying to play some limit online recently, but I'm not much good. I'm a small winner I reckon, and I think I improve the shorter-handed it gets. Played 2 limit tourneys on iPoker recently. Came 2nd in a small stakes 7stud, and won a LO8 one. Both for very little, but I enjoy it. Came 2nd in a 20 NLO game on stars last night too for 450 or so. First time playing NLO, and it is so much better for tourneys than PLO that its unreal. Standard was pretty bad too which was fun. I'm not good at Omaha myself, but I just got lucky in the right spots. Had KKxx vs AAKxds first hand of HU for 30 bigs which did me, but gg. Came about 200 off the money in the mill too. Had half a stack on a few occasions, but just didn't really get going.
Starting work as an assistant trader in town in 3 weeks now. Really looking forward to it. Gonna be really tough and really competitive, but I'll give it a spin anyways. Better get the head into gear though if I wanna do well!
Big weekend planned for next week though for the WC, and lots of golf planned too. Should be fun and messy. Poker might take a backseat for a while....
Monday, July 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment