http://www.royalflushclubmembers.com/public/390.cfm
Mentioned I did this a while ago. Odd circumstances really. They spammed my email inbox with 2 months ago's version of this newsletter. I read it and one of the articles stood out as sucking a lot imo. I mailed them back saying that if they wanted to spam my inbox at least they should send something that is good advice (in retrospect its not a terrible article, and it is well enough written, I just happen to disagree pretty massively with the argument proposed). The manager/owner of the company got back to me asking me why I thought it was bad advice. I said why and in the following emails I wormed a way into writing this!
Really dunno why I did something on this though cos I really suck at tournaments! I can quote you theory all day but that doesn't stop me sucking! Looking back I should have reedited the article at least once more too cos I'm not a massive fan of how its written but sigh.... Said I'd post it anyway.
Not playing much poker at the moment, too busy with work. Works going pretty well though so I'm happy! Only poker I've played is the Boards HU league. Through to the quarter finals now. Have beaten Lao Lao, GillCarr, WHBonney, and Aegilops thus far. All pretty tough games but they all had a vastly different style. All put me through my paces in different ways. I've been lucky to get this far really cos theres so much variance in HU.
They all play pretty good imo. GillCarr was probably the toughest imo. Very tough opponent. Very good with gameflow and doesn't give an inch. From what I have seen of her play I can't believe she hasn't won something big tbh. That being said they all gave me a few headaches. Some of WHBonneys lines wrecked my head so hard. My bro could attest to that as he heard me giving out from the next room about wtf was going on in so many spots! Confused the hell out of me! Ended up making a Q high call against him in a weird hand that I will post sometime in the future as I think theres a few different levels there and I'm not sure if I was thinking correctly. Can't remember the games vs LaoLao much cos they were the longest ago but I know he play good. I think he ran pretty badly in those games, as in he ran the bottom of some of his ranges into the middle/top of mine repeatedly. As such I didn't get a really accurate reflection of his game, but I know remembering thinking that he plays good. Aegilops plays quite an unorthodox style so I made a load of adjustments to my game, dunno if they were logical or not. It was always inevitable from the game flow that I was ultimately going to get my chips in bad, but the question was who was going to adjust better to a kinda weird gameflow. The question is obviously unanswerable as we only had 3 games, and I got lucky to take it down.
Dunno who I'll have for my next game, but its gonna be tough no matter who it is. I have serious respect for everyone left, and I'm just happy to get this far. Obviously I'd like to go further but I would not be disappointed.
tl;dr again but its more a stream of consciousness. I don't really write with the aim of it being readable unfortunately! I write more for utility, so I dunno whether I should make this more readable or just use this as an outlet to help with moderating myself...
I'll have to think about that one!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment